Peach Rose Mascarpone Tart
Before summer fruits vanish, you MUST make this peach, rose, & mascarpone tart! It’s so simple, delicious, and rustically beautiful. The flavors of the peaches shine brilliantly with the hint of rose and honey in the creamy rich mascarpone. I used my staple vegan crust recipe which uses coconut oil… another flavor that dances elegantly with the peaches and rose.
You could also use nectarines, and if you’d like to make this vegan, that could easily be done using one of the several vegan cream cheese substitutes! Also you could substitute the honey for agave. Mascarpone is just a richer, creamier cream cheese… basically… a traditional Italian cheese. It’s pretty delicious. The look and taste of this tart make me feel like I’m back in the French countryside…. mmmm.. fresh and summery with vibrant yet mellow blend of flavors.
- Your favorite pie/tart crust, doubled (I used this one and I doubled it)
- 4 medium size yellow peaches (can be all yellow, or a combo of whites and yellows)
- 1-1/2 cups mascarpone cheese (or equivalent vegan substitute)
- 1 tbsp rose water
- 2 tbsp honey (or agave)
- Preheat the oven to 300F
- Mix together the pie crust recipe, set aside to rest or set in the fridge as directed.
- Mix together the mascarpone with the rose water and honey. Combine well, and adjust sweetness if desired. Set aside.
- Roll out the crust into a thin, rectangular sheet (before it gets too thin, transfer it to a greased baking tray, then continue to roll it out). Spread the mascarpone mixture all over the crust, leaving the outer 1/2″ or so all around not coated. Use up all the mascarpone – it will probably be about a little less than 1/2″ thick spread out.
- Slice the peaches fairly thinly (1/4″ or so thick), and lay them over the mascarpone layer, slightly overlapping them as you go. Continue until you’ve covered all the mascarpone layer.
- Fold up the edges of the crust all the way around, pressing gently as you go.
- Place in the oven at 300F for 30-40 minutes or until peaches begin to look cooked. Remove from the oven, let cool, then slice and enjoy!