30 second chocolate cake [v]
Well my friends, how many times have you had a chocolate cake craving but were too lazy to bake a cake (or didn’t have your baker friend there to bake one for you)? Plus then you’d have a whole cake… and all you wanted was a slice…. oh the dilemma! Not any more. Nope. I’ve solved it for you. I bring you this little quick easy amazing single-serving 30 second chocolate cake recipe! You don’t even need to call over your baker friend! …or, you could whip up two, and invite them over…. 😉
….so easy. so quick. so dangerous… but how could you say no?
The batter before cooking it….. and then, magic happens… in just 30 seconds….
…..amazing fluffy chocolatey goodness!!
You’ll definitely want to enjoy it right away. While it’s warm, fluffy and moist. You can top it with ice cream for extra decadency!
makes 1 single-serving cake
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 5 tsp flour (I used white whole wheat)
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 tsp maple syrup or agave
- 3 tbsp vanilla soymilk (you could use rice, hemp, or regular milk instead)
- 1 tbsp (heaping) dark chocolate chips
- Get a small bowl, about 3″ diameter, and at least 2″ deep. You can mix all the ingredients directly in the bowl!
- In the small bowl, mix together dry ingredients, then add the vanilla, maple syrup and soymilk and mix together with a fork until well combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Put in the microwave and cook on high for 30 seconds. NOTE: all microwaves vary… hopefully 30 seconds will work for most. If you can watch the cake through the door, you’ll see it start to really bubble and puff up to the rim of the bowl, once it does this, there should be about 5 seconds left. Don’t cook it too long or it will become dry! Nice thing is, it’s so easy, you can always whip up another one 😉
- ENJOY immediately! Top with ice cream for an extra treat.