Puffed Lemon & Ricotta Pancake
This puffy pancake is not only visually awesome, but is also delightfully tasty!! It is a very light, very large and fluffy pancake…basically. It proves to be a brunch (or breakfast) favorite and is sure to please your crowd! Remember to plan ahead so you can serve this right out of the oven, otherwise it starts to deflate (but is still delicious). Serve with any fruit topping, or other topping of choice! —Alex
for the fruit topping:
- 1 pint strawberries (or other fruit of choice), sliced
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp meyer lemon juice
for the pancake:
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened (soy, or regular milk will do also)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 3/4 cup gluten free oat flour (other flours would probably work just fine)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp meyer lemon zest
for the ricotta “filling”:
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 375 F
- Combine the fruit topping mixture in a bowl, stir, and set aside.
- Blend the pancake mixture in a bowl.
- Spray a 10″ cast iron pan (or other ovenproof skillet) with PAM or equivalent, making sure to coat the sides as well.
- Pour the pancake mixture into the pan or skillet.
- Prepare the ricotta “filling” mixture, and drop by spoonfuls into the pancake batter, spacing it somewhat evenly throughout.
- Place the pan into the oven and cook until the pancake is set and the top is puffed and golden (about 25 minutes).
- Remove from the oven, cut into wedges, and serve immediately with your fruit topping!
yields: about 6-8 servings