Banana Blueberry Bran Muffins
These tasty muffins are full of healthy goodness. Like most of my recipes, they contain no butter and no oil (although coconut butter is optional), yet they are moist and delicious! As always, I encourage you to play with it: add walnuts, or when seasons change, try them with peaches, nectarines, raspberries, or even figs! Have fun! —Alex
- 1½ cups bran (or crushed bran cereal, such as wheaties)
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/3 cup ground flax seed
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (3 medium)
- 1/2 cup soymilk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons apple sauce
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon raw unprocessed honey
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- (optional) 1 tablespoon pure unrefined coconut butter
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix moist ingredients together in medium mixing bowl.
- Add dry ingredients and mix together until well blended.
- Put mixture into muffin tray and place into the oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until done.
makes 12 regular size muffins